When do I see an Ophthalmologist?
Even if you have not experienced eye problems in the past, you should see an ophthalmologist if:
· you experience a change in vision in one or both eyes, such as blurring, double vision, blind spots, flashing lights or floaters
· Your eyes experience pain, persistent irritation, itching, discharge or the sensation of a foreign body
· You have had recurrent conjunctivitis, or red eyes
· You experience problems with too many or too few tears
· You are currently taking steroids orally for any other condition
· You have a growth on the eyelid or the eyelid is incorrectly positioned.
· You are diabetic.