When do I see an Ophthalmologist?



Even if you have not experienced eye problems in the past, you should see an ophthalmologist if:

·        you experience a change in vision in one or both eyes, such as blurring, double vision, blind spots, flashing lights or floaters

·        Your eyes experience pain, persistent irritation, itching, discharge or the sensation of a foreign body

·        You have had recurrent conjunctivitis, or red eyes

·        You experience problems with too many or too few tears

·        You are currently taking steroids orally for any other condition 

·        You have a growth on the eyelid or the eyelid is incorrectly positioned. 

·        You are diabetic.