Dr P. S Brar is the Managing Director of Brar Eye Hospital. Whatever we are today is due to his vision and foresight. He graduated in medical sciences from Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana and went ahead to complete his Diploma (DO) & Masters (MS) in Ophthalmology from the same institute. He served in PCMS for some time before opening a small hospital of his own. He realized it long back that Phacoemulsification was the future of cataract surgery and hence he went to learn Phaco from Dr Koch in USA & Dr Amar Aggarwal in Chennai. He was the first eye surgeon of South Punjab to start this technique of surgery. Soon he also added Refractive surgery i.e. Lasik Laser to his hospital –again a first in Malwa region of Punjab. With this the hospital began to grow by leaps & bounds.
As a surgeon he is unparalleled & is one of the finest & fastest. He has participated in numerous National Conferences as an expert in his field and has performed live surgeries too. He regularly attends International conferences to update his knowledge & offer the best to his countrymen.
He is a very good human being, a man of great strength & character. He is a very well respected social figure and contributes whole heartedly towards various schemes for the upliftment of society.
Under his dynamic leadership the hospital is set to cross many a frontiers & milestones.
Dr Ajay Kapoor did his basic medical education (MBBS) from Govt Medical College, Patiala and masters (MS) in Ophthalmology from Dayanand Medical College & Hospital (DMC &H) Ludhiana. He then spent a year in the renowned Rajender Prasad Centre (RPC) for Ophthalmic Sciences in AIIMS, New Delhi, learning the art and craft of Vitreo-Retina surgery from some of the finest retina surgeons of India. To further refine his surgical skills, Dr Ajay then pursued a fellowship under the guidance of Padamshree Dr T P Das in Advanced Vitreo-Retina surgery from the world renowned L.V. Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI) Hyderabad.
He worked as a consultant and then headed the department of Vitreo-Retina from 2001 to 2007, at Venu Eye Institute, New Delhi- a one of its kind eye hospital of North India.
Dr Ajay is specially trained in the management of ROP from LVPEI. In collaboration with Sight savers International he ran a very successful ROP screening & treatment programme in Delhi.
He regularly presents papers and shares the dais with many luminaries of his field in various National Conferences.
Cataract and Glaucoma Department of our hospital is supported by Dr Sunny Goyal .
Dr Sunny did his basic medical education (MBBS) from SBH Govt Medical College, Dhule, Maharashtra. Then he persued his post graduation, M S (Ophthalmology) from MRMC, Gulbarga, Karnataka. He then joined Sankara Eye Care Institute, Shimoga , Karnataka to do his fellowship in General Ophthalmology. He then persued his training in Phacoemulsification surgery for cataract from the same institute. After roaming the rest of India he came back to Punjab and joined Grewal Eye Institute , Chandigarh as a cataract consultant for some time.
He is specially trained in management of all types of cataract by sutureless cataract surgery and phacoemulsification .
Professional Experience :
· Observer – Oculoplastics with Dr Steven Feldon University of Rochester, New York, USA – October 2004 – Nov 2004
· Observer – Oculoplastics with Dr Jay Justin Older & Charles Slonim – Eyelid Institute, University Medical Park, Tampa, South Florida, USA – September 2004
· Fellow-Oculoplasty, Orbital Diseases & Ocular Oncology – L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad – July 2003 – September 2004
· Senior Resident / Senior Health Officer Venu Eye Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – April 2003 – June 2003
· Post-Graduate Student Venu Eye Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – January 2000 – March 2003
· House Surgeon – Departments of Plastic Surgery & Urology SGTB Hospital, Amritsar – January 1999 – December 1999
Resident Intern SGTB Hospital, Amritsar – January 1998– December 1998
Clinical and Surgical Experience :
· Performed many lid reconstructive surgeries, ptosis correction, Lacrimal sac surgeries, orbitotomies and exenteration.
· Evaluation and management of intraocular tumors especially retinoblastoma.
· Trained in the use of state of the art equipments like Radio frequency Cautery – Ellman Surgitrorf, Stryker Saw for orbitotomy, Retcam for fundus photography.
Performed more than thousand cataract surgeries; including extracapsular, small incision and Phacoemulsification procedures.
Career Aim :
Dr. M.S. Brar is Senior Consultant with professional experience of 30 Years.
He is an alumnus of prestigious Govt. Medical College, Patiala. He did his Post Graduation in Ophthalmology under eminent eye surgeons and he also cleared the fellowship examination of FRCS(I) U.K.
He participated in national and international eye meetings and attended short term skill transfer courses at many places all over the country including PGI Chandigarh and AIIMS Delhi.
He served as Consultant Eye Surgeon at District Hospital for a long time. He was the first to start Stitch-less low cost Cataract Surgery & Phacoemulsification at the district hospital.Thousands of patients successfully got operated from him in these numerous community eye camps.
He held successful surgical eye camps in association with NGOs and Philanthropist organizations. His main domain remained community ophthalmology.
After a long tenure, he took premature retirement as a senior Medical Officer and is now serving at Brar Eye Hospital & looks after pediatric& cataract services at Brar Eye Hospital.
Dr. J.K. Gupta is Senior Consultant in our Hospital.
He did his M.B.B.S and Post Graduation (M.S.) from Government Medical College, Amritsar affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University. He is having professional experience of 40 years. He served as Eye Consultant and Surgeon in various organizations like S.D. Mahabir Dal Hospital Bathinda, Max super speciality Hospital Bathinda and Vasan Eye Care.
During his professional career he did various trainings to update his professional knowledge.
- Phaco Training from World Renowned Dr. Aggarwals’ Eye Hospital Chennai.
- Short term training in Retina and Vitreous from R.P. Centre A.I.I.M.S New Delhi.
- Intensive Lasik Laser Training from New India Vision Lasik Centre, Mumbai.
His special fields of Interest are Glaucoma and Medical Retina.